Neck pains and aches are common symptoms experienced by an average person as we age and perform strenuous activities daily. However, how much do we actually know about these aches? Here are 3 things that you might want to know about neck pains!
1. Your neck pain can be triggered easily by neck motions
Our neck (also known as cervical spine) has a really unique structure compared to the rest of our body parts as it is extremely flexible. It is known that random neck movements may trigger chronic neck pains as your neck area becomes stiff due to activities that strain the muscles at the neck region. If it has come to the point where slight neck motions will result in great discomfort at your neck area, do look for neck pain relief methods and release those tensions in your muscles!
2. Neck pain can be linked to spinal complications
As your neck houses the spinal cord, nerves, muscles and ligaments, having pain in the neck area may indicate spinal complications. Poor posture may lead to neck pains and aches which can result in spinal imbalance and alter the shape of your spine in the long run. Hence, it is important for you to maintain a good posture to prevent tension from building at the neck area as the spinal cord relays messages from the brain to the other parts of your body.
3. You can relieve your neck pain with a heat therapy patch
The use of heat has been a traditional method in relieving body aches and pains. That is why hot water bottles are commonly used to relieve menstrual cramps too! However, it is very inconvenient to place a hot water bottle at your neck and shoulder area to relieve the neck and shoulder aches. That is why there are heat relief patches out in the market that can be used for relieving neck aches! For those who suffer from neck aches frequently and have not tried neck heat therapy patches before, I would recommend for you to try it out!
- 8 Unusual Body Pain Relief Methods
- Neck Pain Relief: 5 Ways to Get Rid of a Stiff Neck at Work
- Heat Therapy Is The New Pain-Killer (without the side effects) [INFOGRAPHIC]
Latest posts by Amanda Tay (see all)
- You Can Stop Your Periods! - July 17, 2017
- 20 Events in Singapore You Should Attend in July 2017 - June 29, 2017
- 10 Gift Ideas For Your Dad This Father’s Day 2017 - June 12, 2017